The Friends of the Canton Public Library is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1964 and incorporated in 1979. The goals of the Friends are:
- To build a membership of citizens who support the library
- To encourage the use of library services
- To spotlight the value of the library in the life of our community
- To expand the resources of the library through fundraising
We invite you to become a Friend of the Canton Public Library! Whether you are willing to support us with your time, your talents, or your membership donation, we invite you to become a Friend of the Canton Public Library. Information on becoming a Friend is available on our Join Us page.
Thanks to folks like you who become members and support our fundraisers, the Friends are able to:
-Purchase books, dvds, audiobooks, computer software
– Museum Passes
– Fund the Winter Music Series Concerts
– Provide online resources such as Hoopla, Overdrive, Ancestry, Mango languages, Historical Hartford Courant
– Children’s programming such as magic shows, musicians and animal shows. Equipment like a play kitchen, train table and computers.
-Adult Programming such as lecturers, author talks and the Crossword Tournament.
– Public performance copyright to show movies, plus a portable movie screen.
– A Community Bulletin Board, reupholstered easy chairs